MAJOR ARMAMENTS AND THE DEFENCE ECONOMYIS AIMED AT HIGH-LEVEL MANAGERS WISHING TO ACQUIRE ADDITIONAL SKILLS IN POLITICAL, STRATEGIC AND ECONOMIC ISSUES RELATING TO THE ARMAMENTS SECTOR.
First and foremost, the aim is to raise awareness and understanding of the specific features of the defence industry sector. The course focuses on the operational and capability requirements of the French armed forces. It analyses defence industrial policy and provides an insight into the main players involved, as well as the global defence industry. Sovereignty issues are at the heart of the reflections carried out throughout the year. By taking a global view of the armaments sector, the course will contribute to the development and improvement of the auditors' skills in the exercise of their responsibilities.
The 'Armaments and Defence Economics' major is a top-class course that draws on the expertise of some of the best practitioners and experts in their field. Students will be able to :
- deepen their knowledge of the armed forces, their operational framework and requirements, and the international context;
- understand the armaments sector ecosystem, made up of a diversity of players contributing to the definition of programmes and the production of capabilities;
- grasp the issues of sovereignty and autonomy through the role of innovation and high technology in the field of armaments;
- analyse the way in which France conducts its arms export policy, cooperates with its partners or competes with its competitors;
- integrate the objectives and constraints of the various stakeholders (Forces / DGA / Industry) into its own thinking;
- better understand and grasp changes in their environment: techniques, threats, constraints, geopolitics, ethics, etc. ;
- to be understood by the outside world, to know how to explain the importance and specific features of the sector, its economic stakes and its decisive role in defending national sovereignty.