TRAINING WITH THE DIPLOMATIC AND CONSULAR INSTITUTE
The Institut des Hautes Etudes de Défense Nationale, in partnership with the Institut Diplomatique et Consulaire, is organising several training modules for 22 ambassadors appointed for the first time as heads of diplomatic posts in the summer of 2022, 15 mid-career staff from the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and 19 staff joining the Quai d'Orsay in 2022, for so-called initial training. In this way, the Institute is helping to raise awareness among the future vectors of France's influence outside the country's borders, with a view to promoting the spirit of French defence. By providing these courses, the IHEDN is positioning itself as a reference point for these diplomats on defence diplomacy issues.
The DEAI organises 4 modules each year:
- 30 January 2023 : the relationship between the diplomat and the soldier.
- 7 February 2023: on France's strategy in the Indo-Pacific and the consequences of the war in Ukraine;
- 1er June 2023 : for new recruits to the French and German Ministries of Foreign Affairs on Franco-German cooperation in the field of armaments and the role of the Franco-German couple in the construction of a Defence Europe
2 mid-career modules
- Toulon and Brest in 2023: discover the capabilities of the French Navy and the tools it uses to reach out to its partners.
- 7 February 2023 (not necessarily renewed) : FRA/UK seminar at initial level.