The endowment fund
by the way
What is an endowment fund?
Introduced by the law on the modernisation of the economy, the endowment fund is an innovative tool that combines the advantages of the 1901 law association and the foundation.
The endowment fund benefits from the tax regime for sponsorship and entitles donors to a tax reduction of 60 % on payments made.
The IHEDN Endowment Fund
The IHEDN Endowment Fund was set up in 2010 to receive and manage funding to assist the Institute in fulfilling its mission of developing a spirit of defence and disseminating knowledge on defence, national security - including cyber security - and economic sovereignty, through academic work, conferences and other publications.
Chairs - IHEDN
The IHEDN Endowment Fund administers two academic research chairs, whose teams produce academic articles as well as works for a wider audience, organise or take part in various events (conferences, webinars, etc.), lead working groups, federate networks of researchers, take part in the creation and running of training courses, etc.
Chair in Defence Economics - IHEDN
Created in 2014, its work focuses mainly on five themes:
- Knowledge of defence companies: strategies, strengths and weaknesses
- Determinants and impact of defence spending
- Defence R&D and innovation
- Maintenance in operational condition (MCO)
- Defence integration and cooperation in Europe
It is also intended to support the armaments and defence economics major of the IHEDN national session.
Cyber and Digital Sovereignty Chair - IHEDN
Created in 2020, its initial work focused on three themes:
- Geopolitical and prospective analysis of cyber threats and their impact on digital sovereignty;
- Study and adaptation of cyber defence doctrines ;
- Identifying and defining the building blocks for digital sovereignty.
It is also intended to provide support for the major digital sovereignty and cyber security of the IHEDN national session